Yesterday I had a dream that someone didn't think I was good enough to be a professional stage manager. I woke up literally in a cold sweat, because the thought of failing at what I've chosen as a profession terrifies me. And the truth is I don't know if I can do it. I certainly don't want to fail, but then, who does? Failure usually isn't expected, and I don't think it's ever welcome, and yet, it happens. And I'm so scared that it's going to happen to me.
Don't get me wrong, I want this. More than anything I want to be a college graduate; and I have worked too hard to just give up.
Giving up isn't an option; so why do I still have this little voice in my head telling me that everything will be better if I just run and hide?
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Dreams
Posted by Lindsi Michelle at 8:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.png)
1 comments:
Lindsi-
At some point you WILL fail-because ALL of us do in whatever proffesion we've chosen no matter how talented or experienced we are. But one failure does not=permanent failure. Because you will have lots of sucesses too! I'm willing to bet those outnumber your failures at least 10:1.
Besides, who says that there's one single event that can categorize what supreme failure means for someone? If someone has never failed then they're either lying or are too afraid to do anything that isn't easy. I say embrace failure as much as success because in the long run the only thing that matters is that you get better at what you love to do-and to do that you have to both fail and succeed.
Besides, I think you'll do great because you have a passion for this and you know how to work hard. I'll get off my soapbpox now....
Post a Comment