BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Saturday, May 07, 2011

I don't believe in romantic comedies. Let me explain.

I was watching the movie Leap Year (the one with Amy Adams and a cute Irish guy that I don't know the name of), and the movie ended with Amy Adams dumping her fiance (whom she's been together with for 4 years) and flying back to Ireland to marry a guy she had known for 2 days.......

Yeah, like that's actually going to happen.

I sometimes wonder if romantic comedies are killing everyone's view of the real world. If little girls are growing up watching and believing that this is the norm then will they be perpetually disappointed when they realize that romance does not work like it does in the movies?

Part of me wishes that everyone in the world would have the chance to live through that kind of romance. Part of me also wishes I still believed in that kind of romance.

Whew! My cynical side is showing tonight.

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Girl, I miss you!
I just moved to Sandy yesterday!
What have you been up to?