People who are near me during the school year will often hear me complain about how busy I am. I'm always wishing for summer, but then when it actually comes I'm bored out of my mind! No school or Divine Comedy really frees up my schedule in both good and bad ways. Good because I can now take some time to breathe, eat, and just goof off. Bad because my insomnia kicks into high gear because I don't have to be up early. Bad because when I'm bored I want to shop, and often times forget that summer is when I try to save money for school.
I am very grateful that I've got friends who are actually staying in Provo this summer though, last summer was awful because everybody I knew lived in different states.
Oh, and as a side note, I'm making a quilt. I'm also 4 hours away from my mom, who is the quilting queen (no joke people! You should see the latest thing she's pieced together!). Which worries me because she's not hear to fix my mistakes.... Or to tell me why one of my pieces ended up a good 2 inches longer than the other ones even though I sewed in in exactly the same way!
I also made a surprise trip home to visit my family the other week which was very relaxing and therapeutic for me. I get so caught up it my life up here, that I sometimes forget I have a life down in St George too. I also love going down there because I usually end up getting free stuff. (I know it's shallow of me.... But this time I got a sewing machine, and a Costco card. Come on people, I can now buy ketchup bottles the size of my head!)
A friend of mine asked me to help him make a quilt. Should be fun and interesting trying to figure out how to piece it together. I keep imagining trying to teach him to sew, and having to run him to the emergency room after he sewed his fingers to the fabric..... If you're reading this, my friend, I'm sorry, and I'm sure it's not going to happen... But sometimes I can't help where my thoughts wander to. I'll post pictures of what I've got done so far on my quilt shortly, after I find a digital camera I can borrow.
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Summer is BORING
Posted by Lindsi Michelle at 2:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.png)
3 comments:
I luv summer in Provo...it makes me nostalgic reading about it.
Lindsi! Let's play!
haha. ketchup bottles the size of your head. ha.
come play. please. or at least come visit me and update me on your life....i live down the hall. :)
Post a Comment