BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 31, 2009

My Mom and Dad

(I'm a late for Mother's Day, and early for Father's Day.... Oh well)

I love my parents. They are the best example of the kind of person that I hope to be someday. My mother has more patience than anyone I've ever known, she's such a great listener and is always willing to listen to me as I rant about people over the phone. And my dad is so full of understanding and love, he can pick me up off the floor when I'm feeling discouraged and make me feel better about what I'm doing, and where I am in life.

They are the reason I go here:


And they're the reason I'm able to stay sane through all of this:


I want nothing more than to make them proud of me. That's part of the reason I went to college, and it's the main reason I work so hard while I'm here. I'm so glad that I never went through a teenage-angsty thing where I stopped listening to my parents. They gave me great advice all throughout my teenage years, and they continue to do so.

Thank you for teaching me correct principles, and then letting me explore and test them. I know it was hard to watch me make mistakes, but I'm a stronger person now because of it.

Thank you both for everything you've done. For every sacrifice (and there were a lot!) and for every midnight phone call, emergency fund deposits, and (most of all) for all of the prayers, and spiritual support.

I love you both more than I can say.

0 comments: