BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 04, 2010

My Conscience

I have some wonderful people in my life. One of these people is someone whom I will refer to as My Conscience. This may seem like a strange name for someone, so I will give a bit of background info to explain:

One day, after starting training for a new job at my work my phone disappeared for several minutes. After looking for it everywhere I finally found it a few minutes later, right where I had left it. Hmmm, this seemed a bit strange considering it wasn't there before but I shook it off, chalked it up to office shenanigans, and went on my way.

A few hours later, the texts started. I believe the first text said something like "Have you said thank you today?" which wasn't all that strange until I noticed who it was from. The caller ID said it was from My Conscience. I remember looking at my phone in confusion. My Conscience? Who the heck was that? I quickly scanned through my contact list, looking for the culprit but no one seemed to be missing. I was perplexed for days, and as more and more texts came my confusion rose higher and higher.

Until one day, when a conversation between My Conscience and me took a turn, and suddenly a light turned on in my head. Suddenly, I know who it was!

Even as this knowledge was suddenly available to me, and the person was confronted, the texts continued and for that I was grateful. :) She's very good at keeping me on the straight and narrow.

So, that is the story of how I gained a texting conscience and how someone I worked with became one of my favorite people (she was great before don't get me wrong, but this pushed her right to the top :)

To My Conscience (you know who you are!):
Miss you. Come back soon! The office is boring without you. Blueberry and Leaf miss you too.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! A whole post about me?? Am I deserving enough??
Ahhh, who am I kidding! Of course I am, if it wasn't for me you'd be... drinking beer? I don't know, but I know that I love being your conscience!

You're quite awesome, I have to say! :)

Plus, you like panda!

Love,

Your Conscience.