BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 03, 2011

Things lately have been hard. Overwhelmed, and exhausted are the two words I would choose to
use to describe myself lately. I've been this busy before don't get me wrong, but there's the added stress of graduating that makes me all the more crazy.

Yesterday was a particularly hard day. I had a migraine but had to go to school anyway, rehearsals for my new show were starting and I didn't have time to prepare the way I wanted to, I had a concept assessment for a class that I could only study for for a few minutes, and a particularly hard statistics midterm was weighing on my mind all day. Needless to say I wasn't in the best of moods as I went to my second class of the day.

As I stood by the elevator worrying about my assignment that I had completed literally 5 minutes before I left for class I started tearing up. I couldn't do it anymore. I couldn't find time to complete my homework, do my laundry, sleep more than four hours, get anywhere on time, or even walk onto the elevator to get to class. I was too tired.

"I can't do this alone" I said to myself. "Not anymore"

"You don't have to" something whispered to me. I pulled out my phone and called a friend of mine and arraigned for him to give me a blessing. I forget all too often that I'm not alone. That I don't have to keep everything I'm feeling inside, because there is Someone who always knows how I feel.

The blessing was exactly what I needed to hear. It always is.

Matthew 11:28-30: Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Life is still overwhelming, and still exhausting. Thank God I'm not alone.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you, Lindsi.

Period.

Not only are you not alone spiritually, but you're not a lone blogger either. And regardless of the time it's been since I've seen or spent time with you, I will always consider us friends. And if nothing else, I wish I could do something to help when you're feeling like that. Always. Even in like, 20 years, if I find out that you're having a bad day, I'll wish that I could give you a little rest and peace, a little reassurance and support, because you're important, incredible, and you've more than earned it.

Like I said, I love you. <3

Anonymous said...

Lindsi this is landree I just wnt to tell you that i love you sooooi much see you soon!!!!!!