Lately I've felt like I've outgrown Provo. Like I need to get out of here. Fast. There's so much more STUFF outside of Utah. Stuff that I need to be a part of, that I need to experience.
I'm finally able to admit to myself how unhappy I am in Utah. I've spent the last 5 years being so busy defending the state against haters that come to BYU and call the people that live here Utards that I pushed down the fact that I wasn't happy here anymore.
Don't get me wrong, there are so many good things about this place, and it will always be my home. But I'm tired. Tired of the social and religious pressures that are put on me. Tired of feeling as though my life, my REAL LIFE hasn't started yet.
I'm moving in August. I'm moving with no money, and no job, but heaps and heaps of excitement.
I'm ready. I'm set. I'm going.
Monday, June 27, 2011
Growing Up
Posted by Lindsi Michelle at 12:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.png)
1 comments:
Where?! If you want to carpool to San Diego with us when we leave in August, you're more than welcome to! And if you want a place to stay, you can come and stay with us for a few days (or weeks or whatever...) at my in-laws. I know my MIL will appreciate me volunteering her home. :D (It's okay, they adore me.) And seriously, we have all kinds of connections around southern CA... Actually all through California.... We'll talk later. :)
I feel the same way though, which is why we're out of here too. Our lease ends in August, and as much as I hate to leave my family and friends here, it's time for me to go someplace where I won't feel those same pressures and I'll be more comfortable in my own skin.
High five for standing up for ourselves!
Post a Comment