So, lately I've been watching a lot of episodes from the TV show How I Met Your Mother. People have been telling me that I would like it, and I finally sat down one day and watched an episode.... And another episode.... And another... And another. (You can see where this is going.) Anyway, while watching this totally awesome and completely hilarious show, I decided something:
Forget Bella and Edward, Romeo and Juliet, Katniss and Peeta, Lancelot and Guinevere, and Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler.... I want Lily and Marshall love.
Lily: On Monday I'm going to have to tell my kindergarten class, who I tell not to run with scissors, how my fiancee ran me through with a broadsword.
Marshall: Technically, it didn't go all the way through.
Lily: I'm sorry, were we having a discussion about the degree to which you stabbed me?
Marshall: Okay, new scenario: We're caught in a car crash, you die, I'm left paralyzed. Two sexy nurses come in with a 6-pack of wine coolers. I try to blink at them in Morse code. [bats eyes] Please... no... I love my dead wife. But they're medical professionals and I have to assume this is good for me.
Lily: Fine, sleep with your nurses. Tonight you ride the unicycle.
Marshall: [Muttering] Already did this morning.
Lily: I made you a sack lunch. [giggles]
Marshall: I love you because, one, you made me a sack lunch, and two, you laugh every time you say the word "sack.
Marshall: If I could nail a celebrity it would be Lily. She's the star of my heart.
Lily: Aww. For me it would be Hugh Jackman.
Lily: I had four strawberries.
Ted: Was there a side of champagne with each of those strawberries?
Lily: [burping] Yes!
Marshall: Lily, you could have burped, or said the word yes, but the fact that you did both is exactly why I married you.
Marshall: Wait, wait... You're not jealous?
Lily: Honey, I don't have to worry about you being about another woman.
Marshall: Because we're so hopelessly in love, right?
Lily: Yeah, sure. So, lunch?
Barney: So you and Lily really think you can spend two weeks apart?
Marshall: Y'know Barney, Lily and I are a lot less cheesy than you make us out to be.
Lily: Hey Marshmallow, don't forget to pack my night-night tape.
Barney: Night-night tape? Did you make a tape of you saying "night-night" to her?
Lily: He doesn't say it. He sings it.
Barney: Oh, that is so sweet! Why don't you kiss, I love it when two chicks make out.
Marshall: Being in a couple is hard. And committing, making sacrifices; it's hard. But if it's the right person, then it's easy. Looking at that girl and knowing she's all you really want out of life, that should be the easiest thing in the world. And if it's not like that, then she's not the one. I'm sorry.
Lily: We should come up with a whole new last name.
Marshall: Oh, that's easy; Lily and Marshall Skywalker.
Lily: Lily and Marshall Hasselhoff.
Marshall: Oh, got it. Lily and Marshall Awesome. Hey have you met the Awesomes? Lily, Marshall, their son Totally, and their daughter Freaking?
Ted: Dude, do not pretend you're not the kind of guy who keeps a list of all the girls he's slept with.
Marshall: I have one, it's called my marriage license. (Lily and Marshall high five)
Marshall: I'll go first. Lily, there are a million reasons why I love you. You make me laugh, you take care of me when I'm sick, you're sweet, caring and you even created an egg dish and named it after me. She puts a little Italian dressing on the eggs before she cooks em, it's called Eggs Marshall and it's awesome. But the main reason is you're my best friend, Lily. You're the best friend I've ever had. (to Ted) Sorry, buddy.
Lily: My turn. Marshall, I love you because you're funny and you make me feel loved and you make me feel safe and for our anniversary, you gave me a sweatshirt that says "Lily and Marshall: Rocking it since '96." I kinda wish I was wearing it right now cause it smells like you. But the main reason I love you, Marshall Eriksen, is you make me happy. You make me happy all the time.
Ted: You know, there really are a million things I could tell you about Lily and Marshall. But really, the only thing you need to know is that 10 years into their relationship, they still couldn't spend a single night apart.
I think the thing I like the most about these two is that they genuinely get each other. There is a level of understanding and honesty that these two have that is completely unique to any other character's that I've ever seen/read about/watched. Their relationship is real. And it's awesome.


.png)
0 comments:
Post a Comment