So, a lot of people know that I've been diagnosed with clinical insomnia. Most people think that this means I just can't sleep but in actuality I have a really hard time falling asleep. You see, once I fall asleep I can stay asleep as long as I need to. But getting to sleep.... That's where the trouble lies.
Anyway, insomnia comes and goes for me based on three different senarios:
1. Busy, but feeling accomplished. (Fall asleep easier)
2. Busy and stressed, and not feeling accomplished (Fall asleep harder)
3. Not busy. Bored. (Fall asleep harder)
I currently fall into the third category. I don't know why being bored makes it harder for me to fall asleep, I just know it's annoying.
I went to the doctor about this problem because I have been feeling so exhausted lately, and she gave me some Ambien to try. Now, normally I don't like taking sleep pills, they make me feel groggy and slow witted, and gross. I normally like to try things like natural Melatonin pills. But I was so desperate to get some uninterrupted sleep that I just decided to go for it and try the Ambien...... And now it's kind of my best friend.
I try not to take it too much because your body can become dependent on it, but man! That stuff is awesome.
There have been stories about the side effects of Ambien. They include sleep walking, sleep driving, sleep eating, and wild hallucinations. I can't say that I've had any of those side effects, but my entire family is hoping for some sort of wild night of sleep walking for me. My brother would prefer it somehow involves me obtaining a lot of money ("But Lindsi! They couldn't convict you because YOU WERE SLEEP WALKING!"), and my mom is just hoping I don't accidentally kill myself while trying to sleep bike to the local 7/11 because I'm hallucinating a wild craving for a Slurpee.
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Ambien
Posted by Lindsi Michelle at 11:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

.png)
0 comments:
Post a Comment