BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 07, 2012

Heard At The Daycare

So, I'm working at a day care right now and I am really loving it. Seriously. I didn't think I could handle working with kids that much, but it's great! One of the great things about it are the funny things that these younger kids say. The three and four year old's are so funny! There is this girl who is seriously the funniest, most dramatic kid I've ever met. Here are some gems from conversations that I've had with them recently:

Funny Girl: (running up to me while outside playing) Teacher! Teacher! The sharks are going to get Thomas the train! (Thomas the train is what she calls the outdoor swing set. No one knows why...)

Me: Oh no! What are you going to do?

Funny Girl: I'm going to scare them away with my super roar! (She then turns around and literally roars at the play set, then she turns back to me) Teacher, Thomas is ok now. (Goes back to playing)

And then, while eating her snack she just randomly raises her hand in the air and says "I'm sexy and I know it!"


There's this other girl who is only one but is super smart, except that she thinks horses say "Mee-Haw!"

Then there was this one time in the two year old room when we were going over all the colors with the kids in there by showing them a picture of the color and then asking them what in the room was that color. Then when we showed them a picture of the color brown and asked them what else was this color a little girl raised her hand and said (about the only black kid in the room) "(insert kids name here) is brown!"

Being around all these kids makes me wish I was their age again. Going to a place to play for 8 hours while other people feed and clean up after you? That is the life.....

0 comments: