You know those people in high school that everyone seems to know? Even if you didn't actually talk to them, you knew who they were anyway?
I realized something the other day.....
I am one of those people now. People KNOW me. They say hi to me in the hallways, faculty members know who I am even though I haven't taken a class from them.
This is a weird feeling. And I'm not saying this to boast about myself....... I'm saying this because this realization kind of surprised me.
Coming to BYU was one of the best decisions that I ever made. Which is why graduating will be so hard. I'm so comfortable here, and I know how to work with everyone, and I'm well liked. I was sitting and thinking about graduation the other day, and realized just how nervous I was. So nervous, in fact, that I sat down and said a little prayer. The following thought process came to mind:
Yes, I am comfortable. And if I chose to stay in Provo I would probably end up moderately happy. But what's the point in being comfortable? Why should I settle for being moderately happy when I have every option in the world open to me right now?
There is no point in being comfortable because that is were progression stops. And I shouldn't settle more moderate happiness because I deserve more than that. I want to stage manage on Broadway, I want to make my mentors proud (holla Jennifer!). But most of all, I want to get to the end of my life and I want to be able to say that I didn't let fear get in the way of what I truly wanted out of life.
For I the Lord your God hold your right hand; I am the Lord, who says to you, fear not; I will help you. Isaiah 41:13
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Posted by Lindsi Michelle at 1:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.png)
1 comments:
Thanks for this. It was a great reminder to me that I am getting too comfortable in some aspects of my life, and that I deserve worlds more than what I may be settling for.
Post a Comment