It seems that no matter how hard I try, I can't get the little voice of doubt out of my head. You know the one. It's always whispering about how no one likes you, your friends are talking about you behind your back, that you look ugly in that shirt, you put on too much makeup, you didn't put on enough makeup, your hair looks horrible, and what in the world made you think you could keep up with everything you have going on in your life right now?
Does everyone have a voice like that? Or, more specifically, does everyone have as a hard a time as I do telling it to shut up? Human beings as a whole have a hard time accepting themselves for who they are, I know that, but I wonder why? Why is that? Why are people so set on believing the worst about themselves? We're children of a God so powerful he knows everything and can do anything! We should be reaching our full capacity as sons and daughters of a God, and amazing ourselves as we realize our limitless potential. Instead, we clip our own wings and spend most of our time convincing ourselves of what we can't do.
And still, even as I write this, even though I'm convinced that what I wrote is true; that voice is still whispering away in the back of my head, trying to convince me that I am nothing more than completely ordinary........
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Posted by Lindsi Michelle at 1:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.png)
1 comments:
I think everyone has that voice. Or at least I do. "You're not cute. He could never actually like you. You'll never get a job. He's going to end up hurting you again. You're not cute enough to be enough for him. They definitely hate you. Your friends couldn't like you as much as you think. She's totally lying when she says that's okay. Your hair makes you look like a doofus..." I know that voice all too well.
Post a Comment