BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 06, 2008

The Pursuit of IT

As a cashier, I've seen many sorts of people walk through my line.
There are the newlyweds, who are obviously buying groceries together for the first time, as they are extremely sentimental about which groceries they buy, and usually have large orders.
The food stamp people, who anger me sometimes when they come in and all they buy is soda and candy.
The older ladies, who are so shaky we sometimes have to fill out their checks for them, and who almost always pay in pennies. ( I don't really mind though because they are sweet, and nice.)
Then are the old couples who come in holding hands, as if to shout to the whole world "WE MADE IT! 50% divorce rate and 50 years of blood, sweat, and tears later WE STILL HAVE IT!" They are the couples who have seen hard times, lived through death, sweat, and tears, and still have IT. That one thing that separates the happy from the miserable. The hope that if life isn't good now, it will be soon. If we've had a bad day, tomorrow is a new one. IT is something that everyone can have, but I've discovered not very many people do. My new goal: to achieve IT.
So, if I sometimes don't have as much money as I wish, it's okay. I've got enough to live. I sometimes spend so much of my time worrying about the stuff I don't have, I forget what I do. I've got friends who will stay up until 2-3 am helping me study for tests. I've got room mates that make me laugh so hard, I can't breathe. I've got a family that I miss, and that misses me too. I've got a job. I've gotten a wonderful opportunity to develop new skills, and work with some of the most amazing, wonderful, funny people I've EVER met. IT doesn't hide from me, or anyone, IT is just waiting to be recognized.

1 comments:

Sarah T. said...

Good entry, I'd say this one definitely lives up to your blogs name. Sometimes we got to take a step back and look at ourselves and all the good we have. I heart you!