I don't really talk about myself to people. I always feel really awkward when I do, and I get this overwhelming feeling that I'm just not that interesting. Anyway, I've read a lot of blogs like this from my friends, and thought that maybe (just this once) it would be okay to reveal some interesting facts about myself that you may not know. (and by you, I mean the 4 of you that I know read this)
1. I had brain surgery when I was 7 to correct an abnormal bone growth called Arnold Chiari One Malformation. This kind of bone growth was pressing on my brain stem, and would have been fatal if it had gone another month of so without detection. As it was, during the 7 months I showed symptoms, I was really uncoordinated, had shooting pains in my arms and legs, and (because if anything hit the back of my neck I would die) I wasn't allowed to ride my bike, play at recess, or even ride in the car unless absolutely necessary. I remember three things about that part of my life: being in pain, being bored, and always running into things.
2. My lip and chin are now numb, and may stay that way for awhile. And the first thing I thought about when I found out was "I wonder what kissing will feel like now....." . I've got great priorities.
3. I'm in love with TV. I watch like, 14 TV shows because it's the way I unwind at the end of the day. My favorites are: Supernatural, Grey's Anatomy, The Office, 30 Rock, Parenthood, Glee, and Mike and Molly. Oh! And Chuck.
4. I can't shower when my shower is dirty. I deep clean it about once a week, and rinse it down before I take a shower.
5. I can't live without my ipod. My old one was stolen and I couldn't believe how annoying it was. It don't use it just for listening to music either. I use the stopwatch, the calender, I take notes on it, and I keep a running to do list on there. (Organized by show and class :)
6. I'm graduating in April!!! And I'm kind of planning on moving to LA after I do. I'm so FREAKING excited.
7. I really like being alone when I have free time. I think it's because I spend so much of my time around big groups of people while I'm stage managing. It's so relaxing to not have to worry about anyone else once rehearsal is over.
8. I'm secretly in love with fashion. I wish I had the time and money to dress the way I want to. My room mate is amazing, she's got such a great sense of fashion! Almost all of her clothes are fantastically vintage.
9. Hair grosses me out. The worst part about living in an apartment full of girls is all the hairballs floating around. I gag every time I see one.
10. I love sleep. My room mate teases me every time I lay down because no matter what I start out doing, I always end up sleeping. I'm such a night person, and I love sleeping during the day. I'm definitely working in the right field. :)
(Jaw update: I'm doing much better now that I can eat. I'm still losing weight, but I'm not perpetually hungry, which makes the whole world seem better. I'm really sore tonight because I've talked more and took my rubber bands of to eat and stretch the muscles in my jaw out. It feels good, but rubber banding them back up is painful. Enter the codeine.)
I'm off to bed now folks. Talking (or writing) about myself is exhausting.
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Random Facts
Posted by Lindsi Michelle at 1:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.png)
1 comments:
I love you, Lindsi. I didn't know some of that about you, so thank you for sharing. I think interesting and quirky facts about people just make me love and admire them more. :D
Post a Comment