BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, November 05, 2010

Christmas, saving money, jeans that fit!

So, there are three things that I would like to talk about in this post. Take a look at the title if you want to know what they are.

1. CHRISTMAS!!! I love this holiday. You may think "well, duh, Lindsi you get presents!" and I will fully admit that that is part of the reason this holiday is great. However, I REALLY love the holiday because of the spiritually of the season. This time of year we focus on giving, on the birth of our Savior, and on loving everyone. The peace that this holiday generates is so great that even wars stop on Christmas. Plus, decorating for Christmas is awesome.

My top five things about Christmas:

1. The peaceful, joyous feeling that celebrating the birth of Jesus brings

2. Giving presents to people! (I actually like giving presents more than getting them. True that!)

3. Muppet Christmas Carol (totally worth the #3 spot, best Christmas movie ever)

4. Decorating while listening to Christmas music

5. Laying underneath the tree and watching the lights.


2. Saving money. I've been trying to save more money since I'll be shortly leaving Provo after I graduate, and will need something to sustain me for a few weeks until I can find a job. It's been hard, but it's surprisingly satisfying.

3. I've lost about 15 pounds since my surgery. This means that all of my clothes either a. Don't fit anymore, or b. just barely fit. I need to buy a new belt, because my old one doesn't fit anymore. Those jeans that I got for Christmas two years ago? Now fit when they didn't a week ago. I'm not going to lie, this is a good feeling!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Christmas too, and because of more than just the presents. The decoration, smells, and magical spirit about the holiday... I've been wanting to get a Christmas tree (a real one!) since before Halloween, but I knew that was absurd so I didn't. And now we'll be gone for a week during Thanksgiving so if we got a tree now it would die that week. So I'm going to try and hold out until the first day of December. It's so hard though!

And nice job on fitting into those jeans! Maybe I should go on the jaw surgery diet--after the holidays of course...