I got criticized the other day for never talking about my "love" life. It was a surreal experience for me...... This lady went on and one about how she's starting to think I'm a lesbian because I never talk about guys I'm dating, or guys I like, or anything that has anything to do with that part of my life. I didn't really respond to her in the way that I would have liked to because I'm really trying to watch what I say, and how I say it (I talk too much). And I just couldn't, for the life of me, have opened my mouth without having some seriously not-nice things come out of it. I was so mad I started to see red, so I believe I said something like "well, thanks for caring" and then turned around and walked away.
SERIOUSLY, lady, SERIOUSLY??? Here's the thing:
I don't talk about those things because I'm a huge believer in keeping that part of your life private. I told maybe 8 people about the guy I dated last and that was because it slipped out in the middle of a conversation with 3 of them. I didn't even tell my family, or most of my really good friends.
I NEED to have something that I feel like I have control over, because right now a lot of my life feels out of control. Keeping stuff like that quiet gives me the chance to have an escape from work, and school, and stage managing, which is something that I desperately need.
AND just because I don't talk about this stuff, does not BY ANY MEANS make me weird, inconsiderate, or thoughtless.
IF I meet a guy, and decide to date him, it is MY CHOICE when I will tell everyone. And honestly, some people probably aren't going to find out until we're engaged. Because that's how I want to do it. I like keeping things in my life separate.
And finally: Your opinion was not asked for, not wanted, and certainly not within any bounds of anything that could be considered nice. No, I do not think that what you said was "tough love". No, I don't think that you, someone that I've known for less than 3 months, should be let in on my private life. And no, I do not like the fact that you've "made it your mission to figure me out".
I don't need to be figured out, changed, or set up on dates so we can "dish about guys we both know".
End of story. And end of any chance that you will ever know anything about my life, lady.
(Taking deep breaths, calming down, stepping off of soapbox.)
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Love
Posted by Lindsi Michelle at 9:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.png)
0 comments:
Post a Comment