Option #1- Go after promotion at work.
- Pros
- more money (lots more)
- Less stress because I'm making more money
- I'll be a better manager than the joker they already have
- Cons
- don't know if they can work around my schedule
- Not sure if I want the responsibility
- more stress
- Don't like my job now, don't know if I'll like being a manager
Option #2- Quit my job (kind of drastic, but those who know me know I can't stay there as a cashier anymore)
- Pros
- I'd get out of an environment I hate
- It would give me a chance to find a job I like
- I would probably be happier
- Cons
- Less money
- more stress because there's less money
- I may have to work more hours because of the less money
Any words of wisdom anyone?
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Well, my options are clear, but the answer isn't....
Posted by Lindsi Michelle at 1:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.png)
2 comments:
Last summer, after a "long train of abuses and usurpations pursuing invariably the same object evinced a design to reduce [me] to absolute despotism", I abruptly quit my job and moved to Las Vegas to work for the University. I took a cut in pay, it fits better with what I want to do for the rest of my life, and it's less stressful. Now, I am bored much of the time, but I'm happier, less stressed, and I have more free time, yes even AT work, to do what I want.
Trouble is in Provo, I hear the job market sucks. That being said, I lucked into this job by chance, so I know that God is looking out for your disposition and welfare. Did you think to pray?
Thomas Jefferson said that "It is necessary for the happiness of man that he be true to himself," and it sounds like you are neither happy nor true to yourself settling for your current disposition. You have weighed out the pros and cons. Make a decision, pray, and then trust that the Word will be a lamp unto your feet and a light unto your path.
You have my luck and prayers. Godspeed.
You could always come home to your favorite sister Leisa
Post a Comment